Please find here our top tips for the day
- Please print off the form and fill in with your details to gain smooth access to Bruntingthorpe.
- The address is Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Bath Lane, Lutterworth, Leicestershire. LE17 5QS. Keeping in mind that the area has a few entry points so follow the highlighted address to find us and get into the site.
- Note the arriving time is set between 12:00 BST and 14:00 BST. Admittance may be refused turning up after this time.
- Schedule of the day
- After arriving to the site you MUST see your safety car driver with your form to collect your official car number.
- Then until 14:30 BST you will have the opportunity to socialise, check the cars, check out our partners, take photos/videos with phones, action cams, NO drones (only a few authorised) etc.
- Please make sure you get back to your car by 14:30 BST and if you have any questions, please speak to your safety car driver then. At 15:00 BST the attempt will start.
- At 16:20 BST the vehicles will stop and the attempt will finish. The final pictures will be taken for GWR only (not for public), we ask you to remain with your vehicles.
- At 16:30 BST the event will finish and everyone will leave the site.
- By 17:00 BST all vehicles must be off the site otherwise a hefty penalty must be paid which will reduce our charity support. Hence we respectfully ask for your cooperation to prevent this. You can read here more about the event funding and charity.
- Please note there is a mandatory speed limit on the site. A maximum speed of 30mph unless another limit is specified must be followed to ensure everyone's safety. Please keep in mind for safety reasons the attempt will be limited to 20mph.
- During the attempt we are going to complete a few laps on the nearly 5 miles long closed circuit so we ask you to have at least half a tank of fuel to make sure you can go the distance. There are a few stations around, please plan your route accordingly.
- Please note dogs are NOT allowed on the site anymore, please read our full article about it.
- And finally a gentle reminder of this day will be Mother's day in the UK and the clock will go forward by one hour.
For full information, please read the other pages on this website.
Make sure to have fun and enjoy the day out! For this we strongly encourage everyone to wear a costume (Swedish vikings preferred) and dress up their vehicles for the party atmosphere.
Kindest regards, the VOLVO600 Event Team.